The Volunteers of Louisa was initiated through the combined efforts of volunteers and
non-profit organizations already serving the community.
Goal: V.O.L. will serve as a centralized clearinghouse to help facilitate, promote, and
recognize volunteerism in our community.
What Does V.O.L. Do?
- Recruit: Volunteers and match their skills and interests with local volunteer opportunities. Initiate and
promote special programs and services to respond to community and individual needs.
- Recognize: We recognize volunteers once a year at our Volunteer Recognition Reception held in April.
If you know of a Volunteer that should be recognized please contact us.
- Refer: Volunteers to human service providers.
- To build a stronger community
- To share experiences as a family
- To be a good neighbor
- To keep active
- To make a difference
- To gain work experience
- TO HAVE FUN!
|Volunteers of Louisa
Board of Directors
|Gwen Matthews, Youth Liaison
Nominate them for
Volunteer of the Year!!
Fill out this form now or call 540/967-6095 or email me at email@example.com for more information
All nominees will be honored at the Volunteers of Louisa's Annual Awards Reception on April 26, 2015
Take this opportunity to
Thank a Volunteer Today!
Hi, I'm Jennifer Clough, the breakfast buddy mentor leader at Jouett elementary school and
we are looking for people who would like to take 30 minutes one day a week out of there time
to be a good roll model to kids grades K-5. You come in and have breakfast with your buddy,
talk about home and school, and have a little fun! If you would like more info., or know
anyone who may be interested, please contact Laurien Jeffers at VOL.
- A school based mentoring program which helps students who are academically at risk
- Activities used as vehicles to implement mentoring relationships between school based mentor
volunteer and student include but are not limited to reading, math, afterschool enrichment and
homework, English language help Stem programs
- A volunteer opportunity for people of all ages
- A group of superheroes who mentor students one or more hours a week
Please contact Laurien Jeffers at the VOL for more information.
The Humane Society is in need of volunteers for a variety of tasks from feeding animals to
cleaning cages. They do accept teenagers as volunteers. If you would like to assist with our
furry friends let me know.
Community Animal Response Team will have classes to train you to help with animals in the
event of an emergency. These four legged friends need a place to be safe too. Contact me
for the name and phone number of the people in charge of this organization.
Meals on Wheels needs volunteers to deliver meals twice a month. If you are interested
let me know and I will give you the contact information.
- Minimum of one hour per week throughout the academic year
- Volunteer placement in accordance with preferences
- Orientation & Training Session
- Background Check
- Passion and dedication to empower students
To learn more about VOL, or to obtain a volunteer nomination form, please contact VOL at 540-967-6095.